Aminocaproic acid injection is used to control bleeding that occurs when blood clots are broken down too quickly. This type of bleeding may occur during or after heart or liver surgery; in people who have certain bleeding disorders; in people who have cancer of the prostate (a male reproductive gland), lung, stomach, or cervix (opening of the uterus); and in pregnant women experiencing placental abruption. Aminocaproic acid can also be used to treat the overdose and/or toxic effects of the thrombolytic pharmacologic agents tissue plasminogen activator (commonly known as tPA) and streptokinase.
For the treatment of acute bleeding syndromes due to elevated fibrinolytic activity, it is suggested that 16 to 20 mL (4 to 5 g) of Aminocaproic Acid Injection, in 250 mL of diluent be administered by infusion during the first hour of treatment, followed by a continuing infusion at the rate of 4 mL (1 g) per hour in 50 mL of diluent. This method of treatment would ordinarily be continued for about 8 hours or until the bleeding situation has been controlled.
Aminocaproic acid injection comes as a solution (liquid) to be injected into a vein by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic or by the patient at home. It is usually injected over about 8 hours as needed to control bleeding.
If you are using aminocaproic acid at home and you miss a dose, inject the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not inject a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Aminocaproic acid injection may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- pain or redness in the place where the medication was injected
- stomach pain or cramping
- hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
- swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- decreased or blurred vision
- ringing in the ears
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- muscle weakness
- shortness of breath
- chest pressure or squeezing pain in chest
- discomfort in arms, shoulders, neck or upper back
- excessive sweating
- feeling of heaviness, pain, warmth and/or swelling in a leg or in the pelvis
- sudden tingling or coldness in an arm or leg
- sudden slow or difficult speech
- sudden drowsiness or need to sleep
- sudden weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
- fast breathing
- sharp pain when taking a deep breath
- fast or slow heartbeat
- coughing up blood
- rust colored urine
- decreased amount of urine
3S Corporation is a WHO GDSP approved & licensed Pharmaceutical stockist/wholesaler/distributor/exporter/importer of Aminocaproic Acid Injection based in India - To buy Aminocaproic Acid Injection or know its cost price contact us here.
We supply & sell Aminocaproic Acid Injection for Reference Listed Drugs, Government Tenders, Shortage Lists, Emergency Imports, Name Patient Drugs, Comparator Drug Studies, Un-licensed Importation, clinical trial samples & Bio-Similars.